One of the most tedious daily chores is cleaning your floors – be they hardwood, tile, low-pile carpets, shag carpets, or area rugs. Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors is a time-consuming process, and in today’s hectic world, these chores leave the housewife, daily cleaner, or bachelor cold.
Most everyone has something they’d rather be doing than cleaning the floor; unfortunately, no one has achieved a solution that frees you from doing the work. Even the robotic vacuums can’t keep your floors deep-cleaned.
However, they can keep a floor clean on a daily basis if it’s already been deep-cleaned. Using a robotic vacuum daily means you only need to deep clean the floors once a week.
Meet the Ecovacs Deebot N79S robotic vacuum cleaner. These little gems clean your floors by themselves – no manual input is necessary, freeing the cleaner to do something else.
- READY FOR ANY MESS: Equipped with two side brushes and a main brush, DEEBOT will sweep, lift, and vacuum to clean an entire floor (Auto mode), a small area (Spot mode), or the edge of your floor (Edge mode)
- VOICE & APP CONTROLS: Alexa & Google Assistant voice commands. ECOVACS Smart App comes w/ 5+ advanced features including direct control, scheduling, status updates, cleaning modes, accessories status, etc
- MAX MODE POWER: Increase suction power by up to 2X for particularly troublesome messes
- UP TO 110 MINUTE RUNTIME: A longer battery life for even more cleaning! Auto return & charging means your robot will always be ready to clean
- STANDARD: 1 Year Warranty. Comes w/ (1) charging dock, (4) side brushes, (2) high efficiency air filter, (1) remote control w/ battery), (1) cleaning tool, Customer Support
The Ecovacs Deebot N79S is Smart Phone-enabled; it comes with an easy-to-use app, allowing you to manually control the vacuum. It also comes with a remote control; the vacuum is actually more responsive to the remote than to the app; however, the app works fine, if you prefer using your phone and don’t want to keep up with yet another remote.
The vacuum has a Max Suction mode, allowing you to increase the suction used while cleaning. This lets you apply some extra oomph on particularly dirty spots.
The Deebot has an ‘Edge’ mode, allowing you to clean the edges and corners of your floor.
If you’re into technology and are converting your home into a smart house, and Amazon is your preferred provider, you’ll be glad to know the Deebot N79S is Alexa-enabled.
If you use Google, Apple, Samsung, Nest, or Wink, the Deebot will not interface with your smart house at this point in time, but interfaces are on the horizon.
- Self-charging – comes with a dock; you must plug the dock into a wall with line-of-sight between the vacuum and the dock, otherwise the vacuum will get lost when it’s trying to head back and recharge.
- Quiet – runs very quietly – will not disturb someone watching TV or listening to music.
- Has a ‘Maximum Suction’ mode – vacuum can increase its suction when placed in this mode, to clean particularly dirty spots
- Alexa-enabled – will interface with Alexa for voice commands
- Has obstacle sensors – the Deebot has a row of sensors on the front of the device, enabling it to avoid collisions with furniture and walls. The guard over the sensors must be kept clean; otherwise the unit will start running into objects.
- Will not clean deep-pile carpet – the design of the vacuum prevents it from cleaning deep-pile carpets. There are two small brushes, one on each side of the device, used to sweep dust, dirt, hair, and small objects into the dustbin of the vacuum. Using the cleaner on a deep-pile carpet will bend the brushes out of shape, rendering them useless.
- Will not clean stairs – the unit requires flat surfaces to operate; it will avoid falling down stairs, due to its sensors, but it can’t clean your staircases.
- Requires line-of-sight with charger – If the device can’t find the charging beacon, it will not return to the charging base when the batteries are low. You must find a location where the Deebot can see the charger from any location in the room being cleaned.
- Requires frequent cleaning – all vacuums have to have their dust bins emptied, and the Deebot is no exception to the rule. However, if you have pets who shed, or long-haired family members, the Deebot will need to be cleaned more frequently than if you didn’t. Pet hair, and long human hair, gets entangled in the roller brush, requiring you to clean it as well as the dust bin.
All vacuums have to have their dust bins emptied, and the Deebot is no exception to the rule. However, if you have pets who shed, or long-haired family members, the Deebot will need to be cleaned more frequently than if you didn’t.
Pet hair, and long human hair, gets entangled in the roller brush, requiring you to clean it as well as the dust bin.
Will having a robotic vacuum cleaner free you from the drudgery of sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming with an upright or canister vacuum? No, it won’t; however, a robotic vacuum, used daily, can reduce your deep cleaning sessions to once, maybe twice a week.
The Ecovacs Deepbot N79S will allow you to vacuum daily when you’re not even home. The app on your phone will let you use the device when you’re not there, to clean a room while you grocery shop, or go to the bank.
Whatever errands you need to do, the Deebot will clean its assigned room and put itself back on the charger by itself, and you’ll come back to a clean room when you’re ready. Having a Deebot lets you clean a room at a time while you do other chores, and as Martha says, “That’s a good thing!”
You can find more robot vacuum reviews here.
Last update on 2019-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API