In the past, homes with small kitchens didn’t have the option of getting a dishwasher. On the current appliance market, many manufacturers are offering countertop dishwashers as a solution to this problem. These compact units offer effective cleaning power right on top of their kitchen counter. For a model that provides great features and functions in a compact model, consumers should look into the Edgestar 6 Place Setting Countertop Portable Dishwasher.
Features of the Edgestar countertop dishwasher
A countertop dishwasher can be a great addition to any kitchen. Many of these models come with all of the functional features of standard dishwashers and their small size allows the user to save space. With this model, Edgestar designed a countertop dishwasher that gets high-quality results.
- Digital control panel with LED display
- Comes with 6 wash cycles including Normal, Heavy, Light, Rinse, Glass and Soak
- Holds up to 6 place settings
- Multiple rack spaces for versatility
- Stainless steel interior
- Heats water up to 149-degrees
- Delayed start feature
- Child lock
- Built-in rinse aid
- Quick connect faucet adaptor
- Energy Star approved
- Dimensions: 17-3/16″ x 21-11/16″ x 19-11/16″ (H x W x D)
- Six (6) standard place setting capacity / Includes dish rack, cup shelf, and cutlery basket
- Holds plates up to 10.5" in diameter / Seven (7) wash cycles / Quick connect adapter fits standard sized kitchen faucets / Beautiful digital display
- Stainless steel interior / Fits under most cabinetry / Water consumption (normal wash): 2.85 gallons
- Power: 1160 W/5.7 A / Input voltage: 120 V/60 Hz / Noise level: 52.3dB / WxDxH 21 5/8" (550mm) x 19 5/8" (498mm) x 17 5/16" (440mm) (Minimum height with overhead cabinets: 17-3/4")
- Please Note: Do not use hand dish detergent, detergent pods, or tabs. This will cause the dishwasher to overflow; The Faucet Adapter is compatible with faucets inclusive of either male (outside) or female (inside) threaded faucet connections
Pros and Cons
When it comes to a dishwasher that provides good results on your countertop, the Edgestar 6 place setting countertop portable dishwasher stands-up to the job. Being less than 18-inches in height makes it so this model fits easily on almost any countertop. With its six rinse cycles and digital display this model is not only versatile, but it is also very easy to use.
Due to the effective heating mechanism and the rinse aid dispenser, users get results that are just as good as any standard sized dishwasher. This model is not only compact, but it also weighs less than 50-pounds, which can make it a good portable option. Between being a space saver, working well and being easy to operate, this model is in our opinion one of the more user friendly products.
The only possible downside for this unit is that, due to its small size, it can only wash a limited amount of dishes at one time. With a full-sized dishwasher, consumers will definitely be able to wash more in one load. This model does provide great results, but if you are looking to wash a lot of dishes, it may require a few loads.
Who is the Edgestar portable dishwasher good for?
Since this model is compact and easy to use, it should appeal to a variety of different consumers. If your workplace has a kitchen, this model will definitely reduce the amount of time and effort it takes to maintain the kitchen area at work. This dishwasher can also be great for people who live alone and it can work well for a small family that has a limited amount of dishes that they need washed.
This countertop dishwasher is designed to make the life of the user easier. It comes with features that will compare to many full-sized models and it fits right on the countertop. The Edgestar 6 place setting countertop portable dishwasher is a good value because it is durable, versatile and effective.
Last update on 2020-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API